Do you struggle to get out of bed? Do you groan and put your hands over your ears when you hear the alarm go off? Mornings can be difficult, especially as winter approaches, the nights begin to draw in and mornings become ever darker. Never fear, here are some tips to help you improve your morning routine and face the world afresh each day.
- Go to bed at a reasonable time – getting enough sleep is the best way of ensuring you can get up more easily the next morning.
- Plan something to look forward to – getting up is much easier if you have something to look forward to in the morning, whether it’s a delicious breakfast, a chapter of your current book, or a favourite podcast.
- Get a Teasmade – it sounds old-fashioned, but being woken up to a cup of tea makes it much easier to get out of bed! If you don’t like tea you can always make coffee instead.
- Start the day with some light exercise or yoga – a ten-minute yoga session or short exercise routine can wake you up and help set you up for the day.
- If you prefer a quieter way to set yourself up for the day, why not try journalling or meditation? Both of these can help you to clear your head and approach the forthcoming day with confidence.
- If you struggle to get out of bed, try setting your alarm at the other side of your room – if you’re forced to get out of bed to switch it off, that’s half the battle.
- Prepare a quick, nutritious breakfast to set you up for the day. Why not try some overnight oats, which can be prepared the night before? Alternatively, you could go for porridge, or toast with a little peanut butter or banana.