Self-care is so important! In the midst of life, work, caring responsibilities, it’s easy to forget about ourselves.
I was asked by Bio-Kult UK for my thoughts about self care and the best ways to maintain this practice.
- Get outside in nature – even a short walk can help clear your head and better able to face the day.
- Take a bath – a warm relaxing bath can be the perfect opportunity to relax. Add a bath bomb or some bubbles for extra luxury.
- Read a book – books can help to take us out of ourselves, they are the perfect form of escapism when you need a break.
- Enjoy a cup of tea – instead of potentially stress-inducing caffeine, why not try a different kind of tea such as peppermint, camomile or fennel? There are lots of exciting kinds to try and taking a moment to yourself to savour a hot drink can be really relaxing.
- Cross stitch – cross stitch is easy to pick up even if you’re not particularly artistic. There are lots of different kits available on Etsy, in all kinds of styles, so there’s bound to be something you like. The act of stitching can be very soothing.
- Colouring – if you really don’t fancy stitching, a colouring book can be a good way to relax with something you don’t have to think about very much. Again, lots of different designs are available so you should be able to find something that fits with your interests.
- Journalling – writing down your feelings, or indeed anything else, can be a great way to get it all out of your system. Why not try writing at the same time each day – first thing in the morning, perhaps, or last thing at night?
- Yoga – yoga routines are available on YouTube at all different levels, from beginner to advanced. You can choose something relaxing and soothing, or something more energetic. Doing yoga can be a great way to focus on yourself and take some time out.
- Health – It’s really important to take care of your health, especially when it comes to eating, because your gut health is important to having a well-functioning body and mind.